Wednesday, April 15, 2009

8eight and the Beginning of Spring

Here are the pictures of the Yeouido Spring Flower Festival (formerly known as the Yeouido Cherry Blossom Festival) I promised~



If you look carefully, you can see petals showering passers-by


...which leads to this: nature's confetti






Trying to study when the weather's warm and the flowers are blooming is next to impossible






Chris and I had the chance to interview R&B/hip-hop trio 8eight again for Korean Pop Interactive (April 12, 2009). We interviewed them almost a year ago (May 14, 2008) and it was fun seeing them again. "Beautiful leader" Lee Hyun, Joo-Hee and rapper Baek-Chan talked about their new album, how their lives and music have changed in the past year and also what they like to do in their free time. They're holding their first ever concert this weekend (April 25th) at Club Answer in Cheongdam-dong, southern Seoul, so check it out if you're in the area!


Baek-Chan, me, Joo-Hee, Chris, Seong-Yeong (our co-worker) and Lee-Hyun


The warm weather and burst of greenery are definitely making me feel cheerier and you can feel and hear the buzz of happy Seoulites whenever you go outside. There are more people strolling around the city and cafes and restaurants have set up tables outside for customers to enjoy the season. I hope you are all enjoying spring (or fall for of you below the equator)~ I certainly am! :)

6 comments:

hmyn said...

hi
quite nice photos.
That black & white photo is different.

Also the scenery of dawn is great too.

If possible post a photo of KBS' building.

thanks
hmyn

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah. It is so pretty over there now, and in Autumn! I wonder why 8ight doesn't try "Ei8ht", in a similar vein to Se7en? Hey Sarah, "Jessica" posted a question about non-Hanguel KBS forums, over in Abby Rhodes blog. I posted a link to your KPI forum. If there are others (she seemed to be looking for a general one) you might post over there.

Vic in Long Beach, CA

hmyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hmyn said...

Hi Vic
"Ei8ht" is creative but it resembles the style of "Se7en".

Who knows, maybe members of "8eight" didn't want that!

Sarah & Chris could ask this the next time they'll interview them! or meet them in a concert! ;)

hmyn

Anonymous said...

Hmyn
You know, I made that up, BEFORE I knew 8Eight existed! I was teasing some fans of Se7en, in a forum, or a blog somewhere. Goodness!

hmyn said...

Hi Vic;
LOL I'm not a fan of 7 or 8! ;)Although I've enjoyed two last songs of 8eight. Heartless & Numbers.